Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you based?
We are just behind the Mercedes garage at Holes Bay, Poole. If the Mercedes garage is on your left, turn left, then first right, then left again and you will see our site on the righthand side, a little way down the road.
How does self-storage work?
You rent a storage container from us, and store your domestic or business items. You can store your goods or possessions from as little as four weeks and for as long as you need. Storage can be reserved in advance to make sure the space required is available when you need it. Our storage is flexible, secure and hassle free. We want to make sure you get the best service and value for money.
What kind of security is in place?
We take the security of your goods and possessions extremely seriously. To protect them we have 24/7 CCTV surveillance and a keypad-controlled security gate. Access to our storage facility is strictly controlled. Also, you are the only one with a key to your container, which is locked with a padlock.
How much does it cost?
The price you pay is determined by the size of the space you need.
- 160 Square Foot = £48.33 + VAT per week
- 80 Square Foot = £35 + VAT per week
- 40 Square Foot = £26.67 + VAT per week
What is the minimum rental period?
The minimum rental period is four weeks. You can store for as long as you want, there is no maximum rental period.
How quickly can I move in?
As long as we have availability, you can move in on the same day as you make your enquiry (during office opening hours) providing that you have the relevant documentation needed to complete and sign your contract.
What items are you prohibited from storing?
Storer must not store (or allow any other person to store) any of the following in the Unit:
- (a) food or perishable goods unless securely packed so they are protected from and do not attract vermin;
- (b) any living creatures;
- (c) combustible or flammable substances such as gas, paint, petrol, oil, cleaning solvents or compressed gases;
- (d) firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition;
- (e) chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents; toxic waste, asbestos or other potentially hazardous substances;
- (f) any item that emits fumes, or odours;
- (g) any illegal item or substances or goods illegally obtained such as illicit (counterfeit/smuggled) tobacco or alcohol and unlicensed or unsafe goods (such as toys, electrical goods, medicines, aerosols, cosmetics, fireworks);
- (h) goods which are environmentally harmful or that are a risk to the property of any person;
- (i) items which are irreplaceable, which may include, currency, jewellery, furs, deeds, paintings, curios, works of art and items of personal sentimental value.
What information do I need to provide to take a container?
We require one form of photo ID (passport or driving license) AND proof of address (utility bill or bank statement). Payment of the first invoice must be made prior to moving in.
How do I pay?
Payments are 4 weekly. We take a credit / debit card and save on our system where is it then encrypted. The system will automatically email through an invoice, take the payment when due and email through a receipt.
What is included in the price?
The price you are quoted is for 4 weeks rental cost and includes a heavy duty padlock, a key and an electric gate fob
Do I need insurance?
We require a minimum £1,000 cover.
If you have your own insurance, please provide us with a copy stating our address as the place where the goods are situated – 38-40 Sterte Avenue West, Poole, Dorset, BH15 2AR. We will need either before you are able to move in to a container.
It is essential to ensure that our customers goods are not underinsured as in the event of a partial loss where the customer has undervalued their goods, they will only receive a percentage of the value of their goods.
You can see our insurance matrix here.
What if I don’t need the container anymore?
You can give your 2 weeks notice at any time, please email it through to firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I want to increase / decrease my insurance?
You can either give us a call on 01202283315 or email us on email@example.com – you can do this at any time.
Can I add another container to my current account?
Yes, of course. You can do this at any time – there may be a pro-rata payment due to align all payments together but you will receive invoices and receipts to show this.